Bug #758: show_planner_stats does not work for new PREPARE calls

From: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug #758: show_planner_stats does not work for new PREPARE calls
Date: 2002-09-06 04:17:48
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-patches

Barry Lind (barry(at)xythos(dot)com) reports a bug with a severity of 3

Short Description
show_planner_stats does not work for new PREPARE calls

Long Description
I was testing the 7.3 PREPARE functionality. I was using the timing information from show_parser_stats, show_planner_stats, show_executor_stats to compare times with and without using PREPARE. But unfortunatly no planing timing information is shown when using PREPARE so I can't see the total before and after information. Since all PREPARE is doing is parsing and planning the statement, it makes sense that it would show the planning information when show_planner_stats is enabled?

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report