Re: the current 'schema' tab - renaming ideas

From: terry <tg5027(at)citlink(dot)net>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: the current 'schema' tab - renaming ideas
Date: 2002-09-04 19:25:42
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
>>  > >>  Hm... In MS Access it is called 'Relations' which sounds kind
>>  > >> of correct.
>>  >
>>  > Actually, the window is called "Relationships", not
>>  > "Relations"....
>>
>>  Correct. Was lazy to look it up. Does this change something?

Not really, I was just following up on the discussion about the
incorrect use of the term Relations by MS Access.  I don't think that
Relationships is a bad tab label - except that it's a bit long for the
current size tabs :).

Access's Relationships are all placed on one canvas, regardless of
whether or not there are several independent diagrams present.  If this
model is to be used by pgaccess, it would make just as much sense to
put 'Relationships' into the Database menu instead of a tab, since the
New, Open, and Design actions would not mean anything.

the-$0.02-of-an-old-Access-developer-wishing-the-best-to-pgaccess ...

terry