Re: Problem installing postgresql with cygwin

From: "atanu roy" <atanu_ray(at)rediffmail(dot)com>
To: "mugwumpj" <mugwumpj(at)enteract(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem installing postgresql with cygwin
Date: 2002-08-27 08:39:10
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
I need to install from source.
However, when I try to install from the binary with cygwin, then
also I encounter the following problem.
I am consulting the
J:\cygwin\usr\doc\Cygwin\postgresql-7.2.1.README document.
When I try to install in the basic mode by running initdb I get
the following error:
----
The program
'/usr/bin/postgres'
needed by initdb does not belong to PostgreSQL version 7.2.1, or
there may be a configuration problem.

This was the error message issued by that program:
/usr/bin/postgres: invalid current euid 500
-----

When I go for NT services Cygwin PostgreSQL installation
procedure:I cannot locate lusrmgr.msc & secpol.msc files in my
cygwin distribution.

Please help.

Atanu Roy