Two servers on one machine

From: Janning Vygen <vygen(at)gmx(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Two servers on one machine
Date: 2002-08-23 06:45:42
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

i would like to run two or more servers on my test machine. Sometime
with different versions or different options. I just would like to
have different test environments for different projects.

I can set a different port at compile time and have to connect via
psql -p newport, right?

But isnt there a way to let postgresql listen to a differnet ip
address?

something like:
psql -h www.testprojekt.de
psql -h www.otherprojekt.de
both connecting to a different postmaster

just like the listen directive within apache httpd.conf
of course these domains have to be mapped to different IP adresses.

Is it possible? I guess not, but maybe i missed something in the docs.

regards,
janning

--
Planwerk 6 /websolutions