Enforcing Case

From: JDK <adahma(at)starport(dot)org>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Enforcing Case
Date: 2002-08-22 14:21:20
Lists: pgsql-novice

I have a small single table database that multiple people enter data
into, and I do some reporting from. I would like to be able to
force everything to upper case because currently it seems that ABCD
or abcd or AbCd are all treated as unique, and it cause me problems
in reporting, not to mention it makes me nuts seeing the data in the
tables all inconsistent like that.

How would I force everything to upper case?

I'm using PostgreSQL 7.2.1 on Debian Sid.

Thanks in advance,
jdk