Re: full table...

From: Felson <felson123(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: full table...
Date: 2002-08-20 15:39:32
Lists: pgsql-novice

Acutely, there are 7 inserts that that take place on
that table before it can talk to the unit that is
broadcasting to me again...
There is a unique constraint on (tstamp, cd_id) but
removing it didn't fix the speed issue...
I am at about 3,000,000 rows give or take a few
thousand. My first take is that I agree with you in
that 3 mill rows should not be an issue at insert
time, but at this point I have no clue on what else it
can be... The rest of the database responds just fine,
all except this table. I also had done a VACUUM
ANALYZE on the table in hopes that it would help...

On my original fix, is there any disadvantage to that
many tables? Other than \d becomes almost useless?