full table...

From: Felson <felson123(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: full table...
Date: 2002-08-19 23:56:53
Lists: pgsql-novice
I have a table that stores a HUGE volume of data every
day. I am now running into a problem where when I try
to insert data, the remote connection times out
because it takes to long... (1 minute)

The solution I was going to try, is to break up the
table it to one per upload site. (tablename_siteid) as
the table name. This could result in there being
posably 1000 or more tables in about a years time. Can
this cause me any problems? If so, what would be a
better answer?

current structer:

Table "channeldata"
 Attribute  |   Type    |      Modifier

------------+-----------+-----------------------
 id         | integer   | not null default nextval
 cd_id      | integer   | default 0
 s_id       | integer   | default 0
 units      | smallint  | default 0
 datareal   | float8    |