Re: PQputline in BINARY mode?

From: pacquet(at)newsguy(dot)com
To: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PQputline in BINARY mode?
Date: 2002-08-13 22:15:11
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Thanks. Now I realize what should have been obvious: the command "COPY
BINARY" is being executed by the backend, while PQputline() is a frontend
routine. Duh.

However, this is an embedded system, so some modest amount of backend-hacking
is quite acceptable if the payoff is large enough. Do you have any pointers on
implementing a variant of COPY BINARY <> FROM file that works out of memory
instead of a file?

At Tue, 13 Aug 2002 17:53:44 -0400, you wrote