PQputline in BINARY mode?

From: pacquet(at)newsguy(dot)com
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PQputline in BINARY mode?
Date: 2002-08-13 21:41:36
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
OK, I've tested both a

COPY BINARY <table> FROM <file>

which was very fast, and now I've also done:

PQputline(conn, <test ascii string>)

the question is, can I combine both techniques, and use a programmatic
interface to copy binary information?  We have an data collection application
which needs to insert a huge amount of (binary) information very quickly, so
I'm interested in squeezing out every last CPU cycle.  (any other tips you
have will also be appreciated).  Thanks

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Wei WengDate: 2002-08-13 21:51:10