Locked out of postgres on my redhat 7.3

From: "Robin" <robin(at)cubicware(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Locked out of postgres on my redhat 7.3
Date: 2002-08-07 16:47:20
Lists: pgsql-novice
I'm totally new at postgres, but I wanted to try sql-ledger and it requires
it so I thought it seemed like a great opportunity to dive in.
Unfortunately within a matter of a few minutes I've somehow managed to lock
myself out completely.  I tried to use the Webmin .99 server and it seems to
let me in, but I cannot add users, or do anything without getting permission
denied.  I get the same errors when I su to postgres and try to createuser.
# su postgres
bash-2.05a$ createuser -d testuser
Shall the new user be allowed to create more new users? (y/n) n
ERROR:  CREATE USER: permission denied
createuser: creation of user "testuser" failed
bash-2.05a$

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no matter what I do I can't seem
to get in.  Feeling dumb, and getting no closer to success.  Any help would
be very welcome :)

Robin

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: sdeelDate: 2002-08-07 17:01:08