Re: [GENERAL] Have been accepted as a writer for "The Register"

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Robert J(dot) Sanford, Jr(dot)" <rsanford(at)trefs(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Have been accepted as a writer for "The Register"
Date: 2002-08-03 01:42:01
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

OK, I am done with O'Reilly and want to get on this advocacy now.

I think we need a few things. First, I would like to solicit high
profile people who use PostgreSQL. I would like their names, emails,
company, type of data stored, database size, user size, etc. If we can
list 10 powerful people on a web page, that is a major feature.

I would also like to see quotes from people. I have a mailbox of
advocacy stuff I have been keeping at:

ftp://candle.pha.pa.us/pub/postgresql/comparison.mbox

Third, we should have prominenty links to other articles _and_ slashdot
discussions about PostgreSQL. There was a huge one just today:

http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/08/01/1936238&mode=nested&tid=126

That thread crystalizes our challenges and how we have to go at this.
Each person in there is a typical person who has to first consider
PostgreSQL, then be won over by the obvious superiority of the software.

This isn't all going to happen at once. It is going to take months, but
once we are done, we will have a good thing for people to point to,
rather than the random comments on Slashdot with no organization to
their voice.

Who can help with this?

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us