Re: pg_restore not working

From: Ludwig Lim <lud_nowhere_man(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Patrick Hatcher <PHatcher(at)macys(dot)com>
Subject: Re: pg_restore not working
Date: 2002-08-01 04:14:34
Lists: pgsql-novice

--- Patrick Hatcher <PHatcher(at)macys(dot)com> wrote:
Howdy.

> It kept saying that the user wasn't defined.
- try the "createuser" command

So I manually created the database
> and tried to do the
> import and create only the schema. However, I now
> run into the problem of
> /usr/lib/plpgsql.so file not being found.
In your linux command prompt type :
whereis plpgsql.so
this should return where your plpgsql.so is located
and you can copy the file to /usr/lib

> Can I edit the file in the file.tar
> file? And if so, how?
tar -xvzpf <filename of your tar file>
After that you can edit the file produce by the
command above since it is text file containing SQL
statement. You might not want to do this if the
database is very large.

ludwig.