Bug #727: Can I get a PGresult * ptr. back from an epcg interface.

From: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug #727: Can I get a PGresult * ptr. back from an epcg interface.
Date: 2002-07-31 20:41:54
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Walt Cobb (walt_cobb(at)cinmach(dot)com) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
Can I get a PGresult * ptr. back from an epcg interface.

Long Description
I am porting an Oracle application to Postgres.  The old application used an imbedded SQL interface.  I was trying to stay with that and since Postgres doesn't support an SQLDA structure, I was going to write code to create/fill it myself.  I wanted to use the Postgres C calls to gather the info, but I can't use them without the PGresult* argument.
Is there any way to get at the PGresult* pointer if I have launched an imbedded SQL query?

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report

pgsql-bugs by date