Re: PGACCESS Error Relative Path @ export table

From: "John L(dot) Turner" <jlt(at)wvinter(dot)net>
To: "C(dot) Maj" <cmaj(at)freedomcorpse(dot)info>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PGACCESS Error Relative Path @ export table
Date: 2002-07-31 17:27:37
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
C. Maj, wanted me to know...
> On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, John L. Turner waxed:
> <snip>
> > >
> > > I just sent a patch in, so that it gives a decent error message. Not
> > > sure if it will get applied or not...
> No, I just put some stuff in CVS to allow for import/export a la the
> psql \copy command, which is really COPY FROM stdin/stdout
> It's at
> > Would like to see a simular corrected message when trying to Create a NEW
> > database with pgaccess:
> >
> > "Tcl error executing pg_exec create database mytestdb
> >
> > is not a valid postgresq connection"
> >
> > That type of message is not too helpful to newbies like me.
> >
> > Best regards for quick replies!
> > John Turner
> I didn't know you could make new databases with pgaccess.  Huh.  I tried
> it and it seems to work, but my pg_hba.conf is not permissive enough to
> let me connect to the new database.  Perhaps that is your problem?  Are
> you connecting as a user who has privilege enough to create databases?
> --Chris

Mine looks like this...

local      all                                          trust
host       all    trust

I did not MAKE a new database in pgaccess.
I was able to ONLY add to an existing one,
created by user postgres as follows:
postgres(at)X:~>psql mytestdb <  /usr/share/doc/packages/postgresql-tk/formdemo.sql

What user were you when you created a NEW pgaccess database ?
You maybe on to something here.