Re: PGACCESS Error Relative Path @ export table

From: "Andreas Kretzer" <andi(at)kretzer-berlin(dot)de>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PGACCESS Error Relative Path @ export table
Date: 2002-07-31 06:09:46
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On 30.07.2002 at 17:45 John L. Turner wrote:

>Hi:
>
>Newbe trying to learn pgaccess' import / export of tables
>
>ERROR
>"Relative Path not allowed for servers side copy command"
>
>Version downloaded today (Tuesday 30 July 02) was 0.98.8
>( even though the/pgaccess/lib/mainlib.tcl says 0.98.7 )
>
>I opened a test database, created with the command
>psql mytestdb < /pgaccess/demo/formdemo.sql
>
>Open Data base with no local host given,
>AND with my local host IP #
>
>I did start postmaster with -i
>
>Then From Main pgaccess Menu: Database | Export Table
>Tried to export the table phonebook, received above ERROR
>
>I entered the path /home/jlt/phonebook.txt
>ERROR received.
Are you sure that the error was the same? It might have been
'access denied'. Try /tmp/phonebook.txt

>Also tested ~/phonebook.txt
>Also tested 192.168.110.42:~/phonebook.txt

Hmm... It should have been possible (except it is explicitly
catched by pgaccess. But of course the home directory
would have been that of the postgres backend processes'
user.

Hope this helps
Andreas