Re: UDFs, table functions, returning rows

From: nconway(at)klamath(dot)dyndns(dot)org (Neil Conway)
To: Vasco Amaral <vasco(dot)amaral(at)cern(dot)ch>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: UDFs, table functions, returning rows
Date: 2002-07-29 13:50:24
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sat, Jul 27, 2002 at 03:44:58PM +0200, Vasco Amaral wrote:
> In fact, I need some descriptions on how to build a Table function that gets a
> row and returns a new resulting row. Some information on the data structures
> to deal with etc...

Support for this was recently added to the development version of
PostgreSQL. If you'd like to use it, check the source out of CVS,
and consult the development version of the documentation at
http://developer.postgresql.org -- there are some docs on table
functions (in the Programmer's Guide).

Cheers,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilconway(at)rogers(dot)com>
PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC