some questions

From: Ludwig Lim <lud_nowhere_man(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Subject: some questions
Date: 2002-07-27 02:26:15
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi:

1)
When I do the ff sql statement
select foo
from bar
limit n;

Is it the same as :
select foo
from bar
order by oid
limit n;

The the displaying of the result of a SELECT
statement without the ORDER BY clause reflects the
chronological order of insertion? If yes, Does this
this mean that if we don't need use to use SEQUENCES
if we just want to keep track the order of insertion
by chronological order?
Can we oid to keep track of the order of insertion
by chronological order?

2)Just for clarification. In the FAQ:
4.16.3) Don't currval() and nextval() lead to a race
condition with other users?
No. This is handled by backends.

So this means the sequences doesn't affect speed of
insertion. Is this correct?

Thank you very much,

ludwig