maximum size of psql query file

From: "Jules Alberts" <jules(dot)alberts(at)arbodienst-limburg(dot)nl>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: maximum size of psql query file
Date: 2002-07-24 11:59:18
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hello world,

I'm building a program that will convert out current database (foxpro
tables with encrypted content) to postgresql. The program will read
each .DBF file and create SQL statements in a textfile that I can feed
into postgresql with 'dos2unix; pgsql -f statements.sql'.

The database is something like 500Mb on disk and testruns have showed
that the files containing the SQL statements will be larger than that.
I can choose to create a lot of relatively small .SQL files, or create
one huge one. Any recommendations? Will 'pgsql -f' choke on a > 500Mb
textfile?

TIA for any pointers / help.

--
Jules Alberts.