Re: Inquiry

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "data" <datatrak(at)pn2(dot)vsnl(dot)net(dot)in>, <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Inquiry
Date: 2002-07-19 16:25:06
Lists: pgsql-novice
Mukund,

>        We are interested in setting up a centralized database backed web
server (AOL server).This is typical banking application where integrity &
locking of data is crucial.It will be accessed by 100 bank employees in 24/7
application .Please let us know about such existing installations.Postgresql
is a nice
> database application but is it suitable for such kind of heavy application.
Is there any sophisticated  tool for reports.
> N.B.  In india we have not come across such application & we are keen to
setup our system using open source software

I'm afraid that you are unlikely to find an answer here on the mailing list.

Why don't you try some of the existing PostgreSQL consultants?  These are
service companies who support PostgreSQL commercially; I think you'll find
that you want to contract with one of these anyway for emergency support:

http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/commercial-support.html
http://techdocs.postgresql.org/companies.php

Particularly notice Online Productivity Solutions, which is located in Goa (on
the 2nd web page).

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions