Re: bytea on windows perl client

From: James Orr <james(at)lrgmail(dot)com>
To: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: bytea on windows perl client
Date: 2002-07-18 17:01:35
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Wednesday 17 July 2002 13:06, Joe Conway wrote:
> > \211PNG\015\012\000 and so on.
>
> This is the escaped output form of bytea. It seems that on linux the
> perl script is either using a binary cursor, or automagically unescaping
> the output, while on windows it isn't. I'm not sure why that would
> happen, but hopefully one of the perl gurus hanging around will chime in.
>
> Joe

OK, I really need a solution to this quite quickly. It's a simple enough
script (posted earlier) so if this is something I cannot do with DBD::Pg on a
windows platform I can do it with something else. If that's the case what's
the best thing to do it with? PHP? I don't have control of the IIS server
they are running this on and I doubt very much they have PHP running on it.

Is the only way to connect to postgres with ASP via the ODBC driver? How will
that handle the bytea field?

- James