Bug #707: Cannot connect Java Applet to Postgresql database

From: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug #707: Cannot connect Java Applet to Postgresql database
Date: 2002-07-10 23:51:09
Lists: pgsql-bugs
hex (hexecution(at)hotmail(dot)com) reports a bug with a severity of 1

Short Description
Cannot connect Java Applet to Postgresql database

Long Description
I have 1 file name main.java. It has 3 classes which need to access a postgresql database. All files and database reside on the same Linux machine (RH 7.2)
I have downloaded the pgjdbc2.jar file and kept it in the same directory as the main.java file.
I then run the command:
      ' javac -classpath ./pgjdbc2.jar main.java '
The compiler runs and completes with no errors.
I have an SQL exception catch in my java code that prints the error to screen. When I run the applet I get the following error......

' SQLException: Something unusual has occured to cause the driver to fail. Please report this exception:
Exception: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.net.SocketPermission db resolve) '

I have checked all syntax (and tried many variations), classpath variations and db access permissions etc and it is all good. The postmaster was started with the -i option (I use PGAdmin to connect from windows with the same credentials)

Please help!

Regards
Hex

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Aslak HellesøyDate: 2002-07-10 23:57:26
Previous:From: Richard Cook x261Date: 2002-07-10 17:18:06
Subject: Re: Bug #706: Wrong shlib flag for GCC compilation on Solaris