Re: Democracy and organisation : let's make a revolution

From: "Kaare Rasmussen" <kar(at)kakidata(dot)dk>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Democracy and organisation : let's make a revolution
Date: 2002-06-26 08:54:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Two points to this discussion.

I hate to admit this, but to some people, a Windows version is important.
Yesterday I learned that one product developed here will have a MySQL
implementation because marketing wants a free implementation.
The biggest advantage seems to be that it's working on Windows. And the
project leader knows of nothing but Windows :-(

Next group to impress is Database Designers. I've been looking for a design
tool for some time, but there's no Open Source equivalent to ErWin. And
ErWin can't create and reverse engineer PostgreSQL databases.

--
Kaare Rasmussen --Linux, spil,-- Tlf: 3816 2582
Kaki Data tshirts, merchandize Fax: 3816 2501