Re: several minor cleanups

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Neil Conway <nconway(at)klamath(dot)dyndns(dot)org>,pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: several minor cleanups
Date: 2002-06-25 18:00:25
Lists: pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Patch applied.  Thanks.
>
> Did you pay no attention to the subsequent discussion?

I thought that was related to a different patch but now I see it was the
same.

> While I don't object to renaming the routines internally, I do have
> strong doubts about changing the externally-visible error messages.
> I'd suggest undoing the particular changes that pass routine names
> to ExecConstraints, so that the error messages stay the same.  We
> can clean it up at some time *after* we offer error codes that clients
> can test.

Well, with no error codes on the horizon, and schemas appearing to break
lots of stuff, I don't see the need to keep error messages consistent.
Heck, the error messages says:

	elog(WARNING, "ExecReplace: replace can't run without transaction");

and we haven't had replace since 1994 or so.  I think the cleanup is
needed.