Re: Democracy and organisation : let's make a revolution in

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Democracy and organisation : let's make a revolution in
Date: 2002-06-25 19:30:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Marc,

> Just a personal observation here, based on the work we've been doing
> lately ... there are *alot* of very large companies out there, one of
> which we just did onsite training for that I swear has an article in just
> about every trade magazine I read, each month ... the problem isn't
> getting companies to adopt/use PgSQL ... the problem is getting them to
> acknowledge its usage ...

Yeah. I know one database-backed application, used by about 40% of the pople
in this city, which runs on PostgreSQL. However, the company that built
that application won't let me publicize their usage because they are worried
about getting political flack from Oracle and Microsoft's lobbyists at City
Hall.

--
-Josh Berkus