to recompile or not recompile postgres

From: Mark Tessier <mt(at)open2web(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: to recompile or not recompile postgres
Date: 2002-06-21 21:20:32
Lists: pgsql-admin

I just realized, after trying to compile a C++ script, that I forgot to compile the C++ interface library during the installation of postgres. At least I'm assuming this to be the case as /usr/include/pgsql -lpq++ doesn't exist. My question is: do I need to recompile postgres to create the /usr/include/pgsql directory and all its contents, and if yes, is it possible to do it without losing what I've done so far--ie., dbs, users I've already created.

--
Thanks,

Mark