Re: View management

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Patrick Hatcher" <PHatcher(at)macys(dot)com>,pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: View management
Date: 2002-06-11 19:28:04
Lists: pgsql-novice
Patrick,

> Could someone give me some advice or point me to an article that would help
> manage views?  I have a view that I use in conjunction with other views,
> and since I have to drop the view and then recreate it, I'm force to drop
> and recreate all other views that the original view was used in.
> TIA

As I recall, the IT staff at Action Target, Inc. two years ago developed a
non-free tool for this purpose.   They were planning to start a spin-off
company to market PostgreSQL admin tools, but I don't know how far they got
with the idea.

Try contacting Action Target's webmaster to see if you can find anything out:
webmaster(at)actiontarget(dot)com

--
-Josh Berkus

                                        Josh Berkus
   Complete information technology 	josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
    and data management solutions 	(415) 565-7293
   for law firms, small businesses 	 fax 621-2533
    and non-profit organizations. 	San Francisco