LOG_PID

From: Ymir <ymir(at)wolfheart(dot)ro>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: LOG_PID
Date: 2002-06-10 09:52:31
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Hello

I'm using the latest Postgres version, and I'm trying to get rid of the PID
of the backend when logging to syslogd. After seeing it's not doable, I
looked at the source only to find:

openlog(Syslog_ident, LOG_PID | LOG_NDELAY, syslog_fac);

Re-reading the docs, I see no mention of the fact that this will only work
for logging to a file (I didn't check the code for that, I don't know if it
works), I must assume this is a bug, something you've overlooked. The fix is
quite easy to do. That is, if I'm not getting something wrong, in which case
I'll apreciate any input.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you.

pgsql-bugs by date