Re: Bug #655: win32 client and bytea column

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: stach(at)toya(dot)net(dot)pl, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug #655: win32 client and bytea column
Date: 2002-06-02 20:45:12
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Yes, this is certainly our error message:

pg_exec() query failed: pqReadData() -- read() failed: errno=0 No error

Of course, the "0 No error" is odd. I think that just means that read()
itself didn't set errno for the failure.

You are clearly base64 encoding the storage info, meaning it isn't some
strange character in the data. Are you using 7.2 for the server and the
client? My guess is that Win isn't handling some of the larger packets,
but I may be wrong. If it fails reliably, could you find the exact
length where it fails. That may help.

Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us