Re: Replication status

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Replication status
Date: 2002-05-27 21:12:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
> > could anyone please enlighten me about the status of replication? I do
> > expect lots of questions about this, and I'm not really sure if I can
> > promise it for 7.3. :-)
>
> Unless 7.3 slips drastically from our current intended schedule
> (beta in late August), I think it's pretty safe to say there will
> be no replication in 7.3, beyond what's already available (rserv
> and so forth).

Last I talked to Darren, the replication code was modified to merge into
our 7.2 tree. There are still pieces missing so it will not be
functional when applied. It is remotely possible there could be
master-slave in 7.3, but I doubt it.

I was hoping to spend major time on it myself (and SRA/Japan has
encouraged me to get involved), but have been too busy to dive in. I
think once it is in CVS, it will be easier to grasp what is going on,
and perhaps to move it forward.

I saw a message (I think for Darrren) saying he hoped to restart on it
in two weeks.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us