make default field entry NULL?

From: Rory Campbell-Lange <rory(at)campbell-lange(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: make default field entry NULL?
Date: 2002-05-23 09:27:39
Lists: pgsql-novice
I'm just starting out using postgresql in specific and sql in general.

I have a table some of whose fields may not be filled in a normal
INSERT, but may be needed at some future time.

I am aware that the whole are of NULLs is somewhat controversial, but
unsure if this means I should implement these in my tables.

I am driving the databases through perl DBI.

--
Rory Campbell-Lange
<rory(at)campbell-lange(dot)net>

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Pierre-Alexis PAQUINDate: 2002-05-23 10:15:58