Re: Guarantee uniqueness of PGP key

From: andre <andre(at)liquidprivacy(dot)net>
To: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Guarantee uniqueness of PGP key
Date: 2002-05-21 11:56:16
Lists: pgsql-novice pgsql-sql

Yes, I've decided to relax the unique-ness constraint on the public key. The
email address is still guaranteed unique. And we send out an encrypted
verification email that only the person with the private key can decrypt and
respond to. Thus, it doesn't really hurt to have multiple people paste in the
same pub key.

If I really wanted uniqueness, I think you (and the others who replied) are
correct that I should be storing the 'fingerprint' in a separate column.

/andre