Re: libpq++ fixes

From: jtv <jtv(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: Neil Conway <nconway(at)klamath(dot)dyndns(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: libpq++ fixes
Date: 2002-05-19 03:35:12
Lists: pgsql-patches
On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 06:57:25PM -0400, Neil Conway wrote:

> I plan on doing some more work on libpq++ in the future -- this patch just
> consists of the necessary code to get the examples to compile on my machine,
> plus corrections for any of the minor things I noticed on the way through.

You may also want to take a look at libpqxx, which was written to replace
libpq++.  It's been pretty solid so far, and it gets rid of a lot of the
design limitations of libpq++.  IMHO trying to fix libpq++ will not get
around all of its problems, which is why I rewrote libpqxx from scratch.
The code has proven pretty solid so far.

You'll find libpqxx at

	http://members.ams.chello.nl/j.vermeulen31/proj-libpqxx.html

Jeroen