Re: code contribution

From: Alex Shevlakov <alex(at)asrv(dot)fcpf(dot)ru>
To: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: code contribution
Date: 2002-05-08 08:27:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

New 'path' functions (test results can be found at http://motivation.ru/grass/buff_q_example.html):

There are not many (as my task was only limited to extending GRASS vector
capabilities to buffering):

/*check if a point is within buffer of line*/
Datum path_buffer_contain_pt(PG_FUNCTION_ARGS);

/*removes multiple repeated points from path*/
Datum path_without_doubles (PG_FUNCTION_ARGS);
static PATH * path_no_dbles(PATH *path);

/*returns closed path which is buffer to another path*/
Datum return_path_buffer(PG_FUNCTION_ARGS);

/*used to insert points along circle segment between two ends of non-intersecting buffer segments, smoothing the buffer*/
static Point * point_rotate (Point *lpoint, Point *ax_point, float ang,
int k, int n, int napr);

/*writes path to arcinfo UNGENERATE format which is particularly useful for viewing buffer in GRASS*/
Datum write_path_to_file(PG_FUNCTION_ARGS);
int write_path_to_file_internal(PATH *path, char *str );

/*generalize path,i.e., leave each third, or fourth, etc., point*/
Datum reduce_path_points(PG_FUNCTION_ARGS);
static PATH *path_reduce(PATH * path, int n_reduce);