Re: Vote totals for SET in aborted transaction

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>, Mike Mascari <mascarm(at)mascari(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Vote totals for SET in aborted transaction
Date: 2002-04-26 01:56:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Marc is suggesting we may want to match Oracle somehow.
>
> I just want to have our SET work on a sane manner.

Myself, I wonder why Oracle went the route they went ... does anyone have
access to a Sybase / Informix system, to confirm how they do it? Is
Oracle the 'odd man out', or are we going to be that? *Adding* something
(ie. DROP TABLE rollbacks) that nobody appears to have is one thing ...
but changing the behaviour is a totally different ...