Re: New postgres throughput.

From: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
To: TPCCUVA <TPCCUVA(at)terra(dot)es>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New postgres throughput.
Date: 2002-04-25 11:09:28
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 10:10:16AM +0100, TPCCUVA wrote:
> I'm making a benchmark for to measure the throughput of a database
> system. I'm using postgres 7.1.3 and SQL embedded in C .
>
> The program executes five transacctions with, SELECTs UPDATESs INSERTs,
> DELETEs and FETCHs.
> The workload consists in the intensive execution of this transacctions.
>
> The problem is that the more operations are executed, the more slower
> truns postgres and the transacctions are slower.

Well, when I run lots of queries, sometimes they take a few milliseconds
longer. I think it has to do with my disk wearing out.

Seriously, if you want a detailed explanation you're going to have tell us
exactly what queries you are executing. I have a database up for 3 weeks and
it's just as fast now as when I started it.

What's intensive? 1 per second? Oh, you know about vacuum and vacuum
analyse, right?