Re: Doc fix for INSERT ... (DEFAULT, ...)

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Rod Taylor <rbt(at)zort(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Doc fix for INSERT ... (DEFAULT, ...)
Date: 2002-04-24 02:38:17
Lists: pgsql-patches
Patch applied.  Thanks.

I had a merge conflict.  The current paragraph is:

      These forms set or remove the default value for a column. Note
      that defaults only apply to subsequent <command>INSERT</command>
      commands; they do not cause rows already in the table to change.
      Defaults may also be created for views, in which case they are
      inserted into <command>INSERT</> statements on the view before
      the view's ON INSERT rule is applied.

Seems it already has the 'view' mention in it.

Rod Taylor wrote:
> Appears I forgot to update the docs earlier.
>
> Please note I have no way to test this.  Docbook doesn't like my
> cygwin setup.
>
> --
> Rod Taylor
>
> Your eyes are weary from staring at the CRT. You feel sleepy. Notice
> how restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The
> opinions stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt
> otherwise.

[ Attachment, skipping... ]