oh, i don't know did it is a bug or not.

From: Terry Lou <terry(at)aitc(dot)com(dot)tw>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: oh, i don't know did it is a bug or not.
Date: 2002-04-08 15:35:14
Lists: pgsql-bugs

the problem is
my postgresql compile with enable multi bytes = unicode and my default
language is BIG5 encoding, in previous version of postgresql 7.1
i can use unicode encoding to do my back-end encoding and client
encoding set to BIG5, with this setting i can insert a chinese word code
(0xf9d6) in to db (ps: it is not standard of BIG5, it is MS950), another
word (0xea4d) work.
but now
in 7.2 when i insert that word into db, i got a "local_to_utf: could not convert (0xf9d6) BIG5 to UTF-8. Ignored"
it seems very bad for me.
but i have try another back-end encoding, the mule_internal and client
big5 is work with that word.
i remember that word is ok for oracle 8i with unicode encoding.
so that is a standard of unicode,why in 7.2 is fail?
--
Terry Lou <terry(at)aitc(dot)com(dot)tw>