Upgrading - How?

From: "pg sql" <pgsql(at)email(dot)com>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Upgrading - How?
Date: 2002-04-04 04:08:29
Lists: pgsql-docs
Hi All

I have an older version of PostgreSQL installed on my local server, and, as a way to start to become familiar with PostgreSQL, I'd like to upgrade to the latest version.

I looked through the online documentation, but I couldn't find anything to do with upgrading.

How are upgrades done? Are they tricky? Would I have to totally uninstall what I have and do a fresh install of the new version?

Thanks very much.

Sign-up for your own FREE Personalized E-mail at Email.com
http://www.email.com/?sr=signup

pgsql-docs by date

Next:From: Viktor VislobokovDate: 2002-04-04 04:21:02