Bug #616: Alter table add foreign key

From: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug #616: Alter table add foreign key
Date: 2002-03-15 12:24:46
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Dirk Jacobs (dirk(dot)jacobs(at)tuple(dot)be) reports a bug with a severity of 1

Short Description
Alter table add foreign key

Long Description
I tried to execute following SQL alter table PRICEGROUP add FOREIGN KEY ("PARENT") REFERENCES "PRICEGROUP" ON DELETE CASCADE

this gives an error ALTER TABLE: column "PARENT" referenced in foreign key constraint does not exist (7) while I'm sure that the column exists and is Non null. I'm using version 7.2 on linux redhat 7.2

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report