Re: Bug #608: cache lookup failed

From: Laurent FAILLIE <l_faillie(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug #608: cache lookup failed
Date: 2002-03-07 16:00:14
Lists: pgsql-bugs
 --- Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> a écrit :

> Well, that looks reasonable, but what's its OID?
> (should've asked for
> select oid,* from ...)

scheduling=# select oid, * from pg_proc where
proname='plpgsql_call_handler';
  oid   |       proname        | proowner | prolang |
proisinh | proistrusted | proiscachable | proisstrict
| pronargs | proretset | prorettype | proargtypes |
probyte_
pct | properbyte_cpu | propercall_cpu | prooutin_ratio
|        prosrc        |             probin
--------+----------------------+----------+---------+----------+--------------+---------------+-------------+----------+-----------+------------+-------------+---------
----+----------------+----------------+----------------+----------------------+---------------------------------
 374578 | plpgsql_call_handler |        1 |      13 |
f        | t            | f             | f
|        0 | f         |          0 |             |
100 |              0 |              0 |            100
| plpgsql_call_handler |
/usr/local/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.sl

> The easiest way to get back to a working database is
> to UPDATE the
> pg_language row with the correct OID of the call
> handler function.

Hum, so I may try

update pg_language set lanplcallfoid=374578 where
lanname='plpgsql';

Is it correct ?

> I'd be interested to know how you got into this
> state, though.
> I have to think that you dropped and recreated the
> handler function
> without going through the full
> 'droplang'/'createlang' cycle.

Hum ... no.
As first step, I have removed my data directory (rm
-rf /postgres/scheduling), the init the new database
(initdb -D /postgres/scheduling) and then, reimport
old data.
As I saw this error, I've removed PLSQL (drop
procedural language plsql;) and I've recreate it ...
but w/ the same result.

That seems very strange to me, is I've done the same
steps on my test invironment (under HP-UX 10.20 this
time) w/o any problem :-(

I'm hoping it's only a mistake on my own and not an
HP-UX 11.0 issu ...

> 			regards, tom lane

Bye,

Laurent

=====
The misspelling master is on the Web.
   _________	100 % Dictionnary Free !
 /  Dico  / /	Pleins d'autres fautes sur
/________/ /	http://go.to/destroyedlolo
Quoi, des fautes d'orthographe! Pas possible ;-D.