Re: Bug #608: cache lookup failed

From: Laurent FAILLIE <l_faillie(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug #608: cache lookup failed
Date: 2002-03-07 10:47:08
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi all,

Oups, I forgot to put the ML in copy of my reply :-(

[...]

> > ERROR: fmgr_info: function 16594: cache lookup
> failed

> Most likely this means something happened to the
> call handler function
> for plpgsql. Look in pg_language to see the
> "lanplcallfoid" value for
> plpgsql; is it 16594?

Yes :

scheduling=# select lanplcallfoid from pg_language
where lanname = 'plpgsql';
lanplcallfoid
---------------
16594
(1 row)

> Do you have an entry in
> pg_proc for
> "plpgsql_call_handler", and if so what does it look
> like?

scheduling=# select * from pg_proc where
proname='plpgsql_call_handler';
proname | proowner | prolang | proisinh
| proistrusted | proiscachable | proisstrict |
pronargs | proretset | prorettype | proargtypes |
probyte_pct | pro
perbyte_cpu | propercall_cpu | prooutin_ratio |
prosrc | probin
----------------------+----------+---------+----------+--------------+---------------+-------------+----------+-----------+------------+-------------+-------------+----
------------+----------------+----------------+----------------------+---------------------------------
plpgsql_call_handler | 1 | 13 | f
| t | f | f |
0 | f | 0 | | 100

0 | 0 | 100 |
plpgsql_call_handler | /usr/local/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.sl

Please note I have remove the old binary and stop all
processes using it (Apache/PHP) before doing the
installation of the new release.

> regards, tom lane

Regards, Laurent

PS: Sorry Tom for my duplicate sending

=====
The misspelling master is on the Web.
_________ 100 % Dictionnary Free !
/ /(
/ Dico / / Pleins d'autres fautes sur
/________/ / http://go.to/destroyedlolo
Quoi, des fautes d'orthographe! Pas possible ;-D.