APPLETVIEWER: Can't find database driver

From: impala <bhnnc(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: APPLETVIEWER: Can't find database driver
Date: 2002-03-07 09:27:29
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi
I got the following error when try to run a applet
through appletviewer: "Cant't find Database driver
class: java.lang.ClassNotFound....":

I did add the driver in the .java code
Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver"); and
jdbc:postgresql:databaseName;

The applet is not on a webserver.Its local on my
machine like /root/home/user/applet.html and
/root/home/user/applet.java

How do I know if the postgresql driver is working?
Postmaster was running
and I could access the database from the shell(linux)
e.g select * from tableName. Does that indicate if my
driver is working?

I installed postgres at the same time when I installed
redhat with the redhat7.2 CD package. Do I need to add
extra stuff manually like in the .bashrc classpath? Do
I need to compile the posgresql driver? Do I need to
put a postgress.jar in the <applet> tag? Must I still
download the postgresql driver?

Thanks
Nic