Re: Column Name Length problem?

From: Corey W(dot)Gibbs <cascadia(at)nventure(dot)com>
To: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Column Name Length problem?
Date: 2002-03-04 16:20:28
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Good Morning Hiroshi,
I think this problem is a VB related issue.  Once i split the statement into two select statements, it worked just fine.  Access97 had no problem with linking the table, but VB seems to be choking on this long string of data.  I checked the log file, and it fetched the record requested, so it's not the ODBC driver.  I did the split right after "spread_percent" and just put the additional columns into a second recordset.
thank you
corey

> From: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
> Date: 2002/03/04 Mon PM 05:20:42 PST
> To: "Corey W. Gibbs" <cascadia(at)nventure(dot)com>
> CC: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
> Subject: Re: [ODBC] Column Name Length problem?
>
> > "Corey W. Gibbs" wrote:
> >
> > Good Morning Everyone,
> > I had a perfectly good working application written in VB that tied to
> > a PG database on a Red Hat system with the latest ODBC driver.
>
> What kind of access method are you using ?
> Aren't you using link tables ?
>
> regards,
> Hiroshi Inoue

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2002-03-04 19:41:01