Re: PHP ODBC conflict

From: Jean-Michel POURE <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>
To: Gary Stainburn <gary(dot)stainburn(at)ringways(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PHP ODBC conflict
Date: 2002-03-01 15:06:20
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-odbc

Le Vendredi 1 Mars 2002 15:40, Gary Stainburn a écrit :
> Thanks for the comments, but I don't think that I made myself clear.
> I am connecting using the native PHP pg support.  The only bit I'm using
> ODBC for is the Windows/Delphi stuff.
> BTW, the Delphi app can connect/disconnect as often as it wants, but one
> connection from Delphi stops the PHP working.
> Gary

Dear Gary,

The best place to post your question is pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, and I am
sending a copy of your mail there. / Jean-Michel
Hi all,

I've got a web server using PHP with a persistant connection to my database,
and this works fine.

I'm experimenting with Delphi and the latest ODBC drivers that I got from
http://odbc.postgresql.org.  While I'm very impressed with this version - the
last version I tried was a few years ago - it is causing me some problems.

When I use the ODBC to connect to my database, the Delphi App works fine -
just as expected.

Unfortunately, a side effect is that the PHP loses it's connection and
returns a 'not valid handle' error message.

Has anyone got any ideas why this is happening, and what I can do about it.

TIA
--
Gary Stainburn