Segmentation fault - Win2k w/ Cygwin & Postgresql 7.2

From: "Paul Marcotte" <paul(at)fancybread(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Segmentation fault - Win2k w/ Cygwin & Postgresql 7.2
Date: 2002-02-27 20:50:46
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
Hi,

Following all the instruction I could find, I installed Cygwin with
latest Postgresql (7.2) and cygipc (1.11-1).

created a postgres user in win2k.
created the /usr/local/pgsql/data dir using the postgres user
ran initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data without problems

Installed pgADmin II

I can start and stop the server using pg_ctl.
I can connect to Postgresql through pgAdmin when I start postmaster with
the -i option

My problem is that I can't use psql.  I get an error - Segmentation fault
(core dumped)

logfile reads:
pg_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection
incomplete startup packet

Nor can I use createdb!
Error Signal 11 with same logfile remarks

Before I have to rely on the GUI to get by, I would like to have a firm
grasp of psql through command line.

Any ideas?

Paul Marcotte

pgsql-cygwin by date

Next:From: Tim Finch, FosterFinch LtdDate: 2002-02-27 23:43:24