Re: Yet again on indices...

From: Jean-Paul ARGUDO <jean-paul(dot)argudo(at)idealx(dot)com>
To: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)krosing(dot)net>
Cc: Jean-Paul ARGUDO <jean-paul(dot)argudo(at)idealx(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, sdinot(at)idealx(dot)com, dbarth(at)idealx(dot)com
Subject: Re: Yet again on indices...
Date: 2002-02-27 14:59:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > postgresql.conf : enable_seqscan = false
> You could just do
> set enable_seqscan to 'off'
> in sql

thanks for the tip :-)

> > => Uh? seq scan'cost is lower than index scan?? => mailto hackers
> It often is. Really.

> > What's your opinion?
> What are the real performance numbers ?

Finally, testing and testing again shows the choice of table scan is faster than
index scan on this 26K tuples table. really impresive.

I posted another mail about Oracle vs PG results in a comparative survey I'm
currently working on for 1 month. Please read it, I feel a bit disapointed with
Oracle's 1200 tps..

Thanks for your support Hannu!

--
Jean-Paul ARGUDO