Re: IPv6 Support for INET/CIDR types.

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Vadim Kogan <vadim(at)xcf(dot)berkeley(dot)edu>
Cc: Paul Vixie <paul(at)vix(dot)com>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>,pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: IPv6 Support for INET/CIDR types.
Date: 2002-02-22 19:20:10
Lists: pgsql-patches
Vadim Kogan wrote:

Checking application/pgp-signature: FAILURE
-- Start of PGP signed section.
> Ok. I've been a little bit out of the loop lately.
>
> a) The original changes I had were made out of two parts:
>     - inet_*_* part
>     - postgres-specific part
> b) I have made some choices there as to how to show/input things.
>    Basically, any valid representation is understood. The output
>    is as close as possible to the similar IPv4 outputs. Also, the
>    the most compact version is used (but that's in inet_*_*).
>
> If somebody has my original patches (WITH postgres-specific stuff), that'd
> probably be a good starting point. In any case, I will try to produce
> another diff today or sometime during this weekend. I will omit any changes
> to inet_*_*, since bind now has proper version (and moreover, that version
> is not the same as mine, since Paul rewrote some of the stuff).

Vadim, I just sent over the patch Paul submitted.  Is that it?  If not,
was your patch ever applied to the PostgreSQL CVS?  If so, I can find it
using cvs diff -c and send it to you.  Do you remember a rough date or
release?