Re: pgsql/doc TODO

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net, tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, momjian(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql/doc TODO
Date: 2002-02-22 01:17:13
Lists: pgsql-committers

Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> > > Couldn't we construct a package that's just client-side code plus
> > > configure/build support?
> >
> > Not easily, since there are a number of interdependencies between client
> > and server code. I guess it's possible, but then we're going to have a
> > big war about exactly which clients are "worthy". Honestly, I don't
> > believe in the necessity: If you need a client you have to have a server
> > somewhere, so you already have the code.
>
> I agree with Peter too. Let's not waste our time.

OK, TODO updated:

* Better document ability to easily build only certain interfaces (Marc)

If we shipped source for say, libpq, and we shipped all the directories,
mostly empty, and the files that configure modifies, couldn't we make a
libpq-only source distibution?

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us