Re: PostgreSQL 8.0 ??

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Lee Kindness <lkindness(at)csl(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: Colin Faber <cfaber(at)fpsn(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 8.0 ??
Date: 2002-02-21 20:09:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Lee Kindness wrote:

> On a slightly related note, and just as whimsical nature...
>
> I've often wondered now many people actual say the name 'PostgreSQL',
> I mean it flows off the tongue so easily! Whereas 'Postgres' is 100
> times simpler...

What is so hard about: Post-GreS-Q-L? I've yet to have a problem with it
rolling off the tongue ...

Now, of course, if you want Postgres, we can always rip out the SQL,
revert back to PostQuel for the Query language ... but I suspect you might
be one of the few that wants that, no? :) That woudl kinda set us back ~6
years and put the project back into UofC(at)B, no?