ODBC for windows.

From: Hardus <hardus(at)flame(dot)co(dot)za>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ODBC for windows.
Date: 2002-02-21 07:06:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all, I just need to know if there is a way to invoke or use the windows
version of odbc to open the curser on the server side and not fetch the whole
resultset to the client. This makes small quarys from big tables take a lot
of time. ie. I do a "select * from product" I know that I am going through
sy 5 million records and I need them all but I don't want to wait for the hole
resultset. is there a way to open the curser on the server and step through
the records as I need them ? do I need to hack to code myself to do this ?

TIA
Hardus
--
I object to intellect without discipline; I object to power without
constructive purpose.